You’ve just had the holiday you have been wanting and dreaming of all year, all pandemic… then you remember that have to fill out a form. So, we have summarised what this form includes to make the process easier and quicker. The information you provide will be used in case you or someone you have travelled with develops COVID-19 symptoms. Additionally, if you are required to self-isolate for 14 days when returning, this is a way the government will make sure you are self-isolating.
Even if you are travelling with others, everyone has to fill in a separate form however multiple journeys can be filled out on the same form.
*There is a possibility that you may be fined up to £100 if you do not provide any details*
This form must be completed before returning into the UK from any country, even if the country you are returning from does not require 14 days self-isolation. This can only be submitted 48 hours before arriving to the UK and can delay the time taken for you to enter back into the UK.
The form is to be completed online and will be attached to your confirmation email which you can show on your phone or have printed. This form will have a QR code at the top of the document which will be checked by Border Force Officers to ensure you have completed the form.
- your passport details
- the name of the airline, train or ferry company you’re travelling with
- the name of the company organising your tour group – if you’re travelling as part of a tour group
- your booking reference
- the name of the airport, port or station you’ll be arriving into
- the date you’ll be arriving
- your flight, train, bus or ferry number
- the address you’ll be staying at for your first 14 days in the UK
- details of someone who can be contacted if you get ill while you’re in the UK
If you’re travelling by Eurostar or Eurotunnel:
- put ‘Eurostar’ or ‘Eurotunnel’ when the form asks ‘What is the flight number, train service or ship name that you will arrive on?’
- provide your scheduled time of departure
When returning from Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man you do not need to self-isolate or provide your details.
Happy travels and remember to check COVID-19 requirements and restrictions before going to a country.
More information can be found at gov.uk
If you would like anymore help, DM us at @jumpintothemap on Instagram!
travel photography & blog